Hi, I’m Juan (pronounced like the French Jean) and this my online attic. War-time mentality slash “I might need it again” reigns supreme. Here you’ll find all my CC BY-NC-SA 4.0-licensed bits and pieces.
A few things about me. I
- have the mind of a child
- like pretty pictures
- love silly jokes
- seem to be the mindless bureaucrat of my own paperwork
- am one part opsimath, one part flâneur, with a pinch of angry 6 year old
My loved ones are known as DW, DD1, and DD2 for the sake of their privacy.
This site is mostly for me, as I’m a digital hoarder.
If this messy mind does appeal to you, feel free to reach out.
- born in the seventies
- the 80s is a blur of playing LEGO and watching “Karate films” on VHS
- start programming in early nineties
- experience mid-life crises in late nineties, write an exegesis on the world, but sell the computer it’s on
Yes, it was a tricky time. In fact, I looked a bit like an African David Foster Wallace back then:
- briefly join a few bands and make “interesting” alternative music whilst burning through a small lump sum
- hop over to Europe from Africa in the early 2000s with a view expand mind
- said mind increasingly runs in circles thinking of different things, like a terrible polyglot
- meet significant other around 2010s and finally feel like someone’s got my back
- the continuance of purpose is side-tracked by the arrival of offspring
- here we are now
living life backwards
a stranger in a strange land
keen like a puppy